Internal Audit Unit
This Section will be headed by a Chief Internal Auditor and will undertake the following activities: -
To provide expertise and services on auditing and proper management of resources of the Authority,
The following are the functions the Internal Audit unit:
- Review and report on proper control over the receipt custody and utilization of all financial resources of the unit;
- Review and report on the conformity with financial and operational procedures laid down in any legislation or any regulation or instruction issued under such legislation and good accounting practice as from time to time defined by the Accountant General in order to avoid incurring obligations and authorizing payments to the extent which would ensure effective control over the expenditure of the unit;
- Review and report on the correct classification and allocation of revenue and expenditure accounts;
- Review and report on the reliability and integrity of financial operating data so that information provided allows for the preparation of accurate financial statements and other reports for the information of the unit and the general public as required by legislation;
- Review and report on the systems in place used to safeguard assets, and, as appropriate, the verification of the existence of such assets;
- Review and report on operations or programs to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals;
- Review and report on the adequacy of action by a management in response to internal audit reports and assisting management in the implementation or recommendations made by the Controller and Auditor General; and
- Review and report on the adequacy of controls build into computerized systems in place in the unit.
Procurement Management Unit
This Section will be headed by a Manager
To provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services to the Authority
The Unit will perform the following activities:-
- Manage all procurement and Disposal by tender activities of the Authority except adjudication and the award of contract,
- Support the functioning of the Tender Board
- Implement the decisions of the Tender Board.
- Act as a secretariat to the Tender Board
- Plan the procurement and disposal by tender activities of the Authority.
- Recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedures
- Check and prepare statements of requirements
- Prepare tendering documents.
- Prepare advertisements of tender opportunities
- Prepare contract documents
- Issue approved contract documents
- Maintain archive records of the procurement and disposal process
- Maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded,
- Prepare monthly reports for the Tender Board
- Prepare and submit to the management meeting quarterly report on the implementation of the annual procurement plan
- Co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the Authority.
- Prepare other reports as may be required from time to time.
Legal Affairs Unit
This Section will be headed by a Corporation Secretary and will undertake the following activities: -
To provide legal expertise and advisory services to the Authority
The Unit will perform the following functions:-
- Advise the Authority on all legal related matters;
- Render effective legal assistance in the preparation of legal opinion, documents, reports and correspondences;
- Supervise and oversee the review, negotiation and drafting of contracts, contract tender documents and other legal documents as required by the Authority;
- Advise in the matter of preferring of appeals in courts and Judicial Bodies;
- Develop and review legal documents and instruments;
- Assist in the investigation and prosecution of cases involving the Authority;
- Liaise with the Attorney General and external lawyers on Authority’s legal matters;
- Liaise with appropriate Authorities on review of various legislation; and
- .Coordinate preparation of internal regulations and guidelines.
Public Affairs and Communication
This Section will be headed by a Principal Public Affairs and Communications Officer and will undertake the following activities: -
- Enhance and maintain a good corporate image of the Authority with regard to trade development.
- Build, manage and maintain media relations with the government and its ministries, agencies, institutions and customers.
- Keep the general public informed of all relevant events and developments with regards to the Authority’s activities and programme
- Recommend new or amend procedures for obtaining and reporting information in areas where, either inadequate or not available in accordance with the needs of the Authority.
- Prepare and carrying out effective programme of public relations with particular attention to different policies.
- Coordinate and prepare market promotional materials/advertisements within and outside the country.
- Prepare various publications such as press releases of the Authority.
- Prepare press conferences and meetings
- Examine and verify public opinions and advise on corrective measures
The Zonal Offices namely Mwanza, Mbeya, Arusha and Mtwara will be headed by a Manager and will undertake the following activities;
- Ensure proper implementation of the Authority’s activities in zonal offices, trade information collection and dissemination;
- Build capacity of SMEs and other business operators through training programes;
- Coordinate Product development services, (design,styling, adaption, packaging, pricing and labeling);
- Design and implement trade development programes aimed at promoting a systematic integration of the domestic market.
- Integrate Tanzania’s domestic market through provision of information on demand, production, supply and price of products.